Current Job Openings
Emergency Licensed Veterinary Technician
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
The Hope Advanced Veterinary Center's Emergency Department is seeking veterinary professionals who are passionate about providing excellent patient care and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our collaborative team of technicians, assistants, and doctors has fostered a culture of safety and value, where every staff member contributes their expertise, resulting in greater achievements together.
Emergency Licensed Veterinary Technician Responsibilities:
- Deliver quality veterinary care and exceptional service to patients and clients.
- Perform examinations, diagnostics, and assist in surgeries.
- Provide nursing care, feeding, and general patient support.
- Maintain medical supplies and equipment.
- Oversee patient triage, discharge, and medical record upkeep.
Essential Position Functions:
- Conduct examinations, interviews, and diagnostic tests to determine animal requirements.
- Provide comprehensive care including vital signs, medications, and wound care.
- Assist veterinarians during examinations, surgeries, and procedures.
- Apply knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology for optimal pet care.
- Manage medications, maintain cleanliness, and follow sterilization protocols.
- Maintain accurate medical records and communicate with pet owners.
- Perform equipment maintenance, inventory management, and supply ordering.
- Stay updated with industry knowledge through education.
- Release groomed animals to owners and follow instructions.
- Complete additional assigned duties as needed.
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Rock Hill Hospital?
At Carolina Veterinary Specialists, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping animals healthy.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Carolina Veterinary Specialists, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves animals and values the contributions from every individual on the team.